Oldenburg Linux Developers Meeting 2005
This page contains various information that is important for
attendants of this year's meeting (although, most items also apply to
future meetings as well.
- If possible, don't sleep on the corridor but inside the
designated rooms. In case you should have to sleep outside due
to space limitation, please move inside no later than 7 o'clock
so that we don't disturb the people trying to work there.
- Since we are allowed to sleep in the sports facility, it should
be open all the time. If you should have to sleep outside of the
designated room, please move inside no later than 7 o'clock.
- The university building is a non-smoking area. If you want to
smoke, please go outside and use the ashtrays there.
- The university doors are locked from 19:00 to 6:00 on work days
and during the entire weekend. Hence, we must not open them if
we don't ask the gatekeeper in advance. The main door has a
different policy but may still be locked.
- We have food that needs to be kept cold during the developers
meeting. This is meant to be used/eaten. So if you miss cheese,
sausages, milk or similar and there is nothing left at the food
place, please check the refrigerator on your own, Joey's not your
- If you miss any kind of food or something else, please don't
hesitate to contact Joey. Most probably there are possibilities
to purchase stuff during the meeting as well.
- Please clean the knifes and plates at the food corner every once
in a while. Please try to keep it clean so it doesn't look
- Please don't throw away the fluid bottles since we get a refund
if we take them back. There will be bags and boxes to collect
- Please note that waste is separated in Germany. Plastics and
tetrapacks go into the yellow bags. Glasses go to a special
container. Green waste such as remainders from vegetables and
food also has their own boxes.
- We are a lot of people, which will cause two problems for our
dinner. It'll take a while to get us there, so please be
prepared to leave your work at about half an hour before, that is
- It may be fun to let the waiters guess what you have ordered, but
only with 20 people affected, not with 55. Hence, please write
down the number of the meal you have ordered so you remember what
- Due to the large number of attending developers, Joey erased his
former dinner plans and ordered a buffet
for three days in order to compensate cooking time. There will
only á la carte dinner on Wednesday.
- There will be a map of Oldenburg in the main room with signs for
the dinner locations. Please check the map before driving there
so you don't risk getting lost. Joey has some spare maps as well.
- When you arrive, and Joey doesn't know you already, especially
when this is the first time you're at the meeting, please say
hello to him. It sucks to organise a meeting and find people
playing with our stuff without knowing whether they're intruders or
- There are several Sparc and PA-RISC machines to be given away for
free to developers. Please ask Joey for details.
- You may use the sauna facility of the university. Please see
this note for details.
- The event should be sponsored by Sun, but there will be a
donation box at the food corner nevertheless. The anticipated
costs will be roughly € 10.00 per person, hence about
- Joey would like to collect reports about successful developments
and other success stories, also in order to promote the meeting
further and be able to use the facility again in future years.
- If you take pictures during the meeting and place them online
afterwards, please drop Joey a line so he can link to them from
the meeting homepage.